10 Oct 2017

Hot off the press!


Gosh, I can't believe it, but I actually have the proof copy of our new book Reversible Knitting Stitches right here on the desk next to me! I have to say both Anna are I are so excited to see this in print and we have both been so encouraged to read all the messages everyone has been sending us about the book. 

It has certainly been a long process getting this into print with so many new things to learn. At times I was sure I could hear a whooshing sound as yet another new concept went flying over my head!

The first sentence of the printer's instructions which mentioned vector diagrams, CMYK colour rendition and PDFX1a files was one of those moments, I have to say. I didn't even know what vector diagrams were until that point. Oh you don't either? Oh good, that makes me feel tonnes better.


As I discovered, they're the difference between seeing a fuzzy picture like the one on the left and a crisp clear one as on the right. Well, I'm pleased to say that now I have drawn up more than 250 vector diagrams for stitch charts and keys I can certainly understand the distinction!


Still, printer's lingo, paper choices and all other decisions are made and we're good to go! We hope to have the print run scheduled shortly and then we should have the first copies in our hands a week or so after that.

The books are being printed in Cambridgeshire so we should be able to fulfill UK and European orders fairly quickly. There will be a short extra delay until the US boxes arrive, but as soon as those arrive in the States then I will be able to get those mailed out. 

I have an e-mail list of people who want me to notify them as soon as the books are ready to ship, so please feel free to contact me if you'd like to be added to the list. 

I'll post here again once we have opened up the pre-order page, and until then,

Happy Reversible Knitting!

Moira



Last Blogpost: Two new beanie hats!


Anna's Website: www.kikuknits.com




. 9/10/17

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...