02 December 2017

Travels & Special Birthdays

Buttercup Blanket by Anna Ravenscroft, Anna Alway Designs
There have been a lot of exciting things happening recently. For a start we have been travelling a lot, which is always fun. We revisited the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina and loved being back in such a beautiful part of the world. I posted some of Tim’s lovely pictures from that drive in my last blogpost, so if you haven’t seen that yet, please click here.

Then we returned to Florida for a few days before setting off to the UK for my birthday with lots of fun things planned for the special day! I seem to have arrived with an absolute suitcase of yarns, which is slightly crazy since Anna has boxes and boxes of scrummy yarns here already. 

I have waxed lyrical about her wonderful yarn resources before and you can read more about that here. However, I wanted to have enough yarn to work on the projects I have in hand, so that seemed to make sense when I was packing!

The photo above shows one of her lovely patterns, the Buttercup Blanket, which uses a really interesting lace stitch from our Reversible Knitting Stitches book. 
Moira Ravenscroft at Stourhead House, Wilts, photo by Tim Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
And Birthdays... Well, today is my birthday! And it happens to be one of those significant ones with a ‘5’ at the end! I’d like to say it’s my 25th, but with a daughter older than that I don’t suppose anyone would believe me. However, please put your party hats on for my 25th-again-birthday today.

The photo above was taken at Stourhead in Wiltshire, UK two days ago – and if you haven't been there it's a magical place to visit at any time of the year.

Until next time – Happy Knitting!

Moira
Reversible Knitting Stitches by Moira Ravenscroft & Anna Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs

​Last Blogpost:
 It's Knitting Time
Next Up: It's all about the 12's

​​​​Our book: Reversible Knitting Stitches
My Website: www.wyndlestrawdesigns.com
Keywords: Travel Notes, 
autumn, knitting, autumn knitting, North Carolina, NC, USA, Blue Ridge Pathway, Anna Ravenscroft, Anna Alway, baby blanket, reversible lace, lace blanket, reversible stitch, Reversible Knitting Stitches,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...