1 Dec 2017

Books & Birthdays


There have been a lot of exciting things happening recently. 

Firstly, the printed version of our new book, Reversible Knitting Stitches, arrived from the printers and proved to be everything that we hoped it would be. 

Then we worked on a new edition of the E-book to update it with all the crisp new stitch charts that we had drawn up for the print version and were thrilled to see the improvements such a simple change could make. 

And now we are rapidly approaching my birthday which happens to be one of those significant ones with a ‘5’ at the end! Oh yes, lots to celebrate!


So let me give you some details on all our recent excitements: You know, I still keep pinching myself when I see the printed Reversible Knitting Stitches book sitting there on the shelf right next to my favourite knitting books! I can’t believe the company we’re keeping...

The printers did a fabulous job with producing this book. They are based in Cambridgeshire in the UK and are recognised for their strong environmental ethic and use of sustainably sourced paper. 

We are, therefore, very proud that they have given us permission to display the Forest Stewardship Council/ FSC logo on all our books. That means a lot to us.


And we learned so much in producing the print book - not least of which was discovering the beauty of vector diagrams. I wrote about this here, and I still can’t believe I had never heard about them before but now I’m a convert! They’re so crisp and clear - and take so much less file space too. 

So we felt we absolutely had to introduce these into our E-book. Gosh, what a difference! The charts are so crystal clear now, even if you zoom right in on your phone or iPad. 

We also changed the page format to be a little deeper which gives more space for the complex charts. The new version also has full keyword searching and bookmarks for easy navigation. And all this with a much smaller file! Life is good.


And Birthdays! Well I’d like to say it’s my 25th, but with a daughter older than that I don’t suppose anyone would believe me! However, please put your party hats on for my 25th-again-birthday on Dec 2nd!

The photo above was taken at Stourhead in Wiltshire, UK two days ago - and if you haven't been there it's a magical place to visit at any time of the year.

Please click here to read more about Reversible Knitting Stitches:
our new Print book, E-book and special Print and Digital Package!

Happy Knitting!

Moira



Last Blogpost: It's knitting time!

Anna's Website: www.kikuknits.com

Many thanks to Tim for his great photos. If you would like to see more of his work, these please visit his site.



. 12/12/17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment to my blog. I have Comment Moderation set up on this blog to reduce spam messages, so please do not be concerned if there is a brief interlude between posting your comment and seeing it live on the blog. Many thanks again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...