22 February 2018

Snow gently falling

Frost Fighter Headband & Mitts by Anna Ravenscroft, Anna Alway Designs
I am sitting in front of a cosy fire right now while the snow is gently falling outside. I have a cup of tea on the table next to me along with a rather fine gluten‐free cookie and my knitting basket is close at hand, so I am contented for the next little while.

However, since I have only just come in from 4 hours spent chipping ice off the driveway I am not sure if I am going to manage much knitting anytime soon. I should perhaps have been sensible and stopped about two hours ago!

I was nice and warm though, working steadily and wrapped up against the elements. That's the beauty of being a knitter: that you usually have the perfect item to help you keep cozy, no matter what the elements throw at you. I find I don't usually even need a jacket once I have donned my favourite gardening sweater and woolly hat.
Frost Fighter Headband & Mitts by Anna Ravenscroft, Anna Alway Designs
However, one item I don't have right now and could do with is some fingerless mitts. I realised this the other day when Anna sent me some photos of her latest pattern, the Frost Fighters Mitts & Headband. These look perfect for this time of year, when the temperatures can change from balmy to f‐f‐freezing overnight.

Fingerless mitts are so useful when you are cycling or texting, as the main part of your hands are kept warm but without restricting your movements. They are also great when you are working outside, such as on a market stall. 
Frost Fighter Headband & Mitts by Anna Ravenscroft, Anna Alway Designs
​Anna has used a really interesting reversible cable stitch from our book, Reversible Knitting StitchesThis is the Ribbed Cable pattern, which is a wonderfully graphic stitch. On one side, single rib columns meet and divide giving a dynamic look, as you can see with the mitt on the left in the photo above.

The other face has quite a different look, with soft flowing cables twisted together to give a lovely padded texture. You can, of course, choose whichever side you fancy to be the outside 'look' for the day.

The pattern includes details for the mitts and a matching headband too, so you can keep your ears warm at the same time! For more details about the Frost Fighter Set, please click here.

And now it's time for that cup of tea and for me to finish off the scarf I was talking about in my last blogpost.

Until next time ‐ Keep warm!

Moira
Keywords: Patterns/Accessories, Book/Reversible Knitting Stitches,
mitts, fingerless mitts, gloves, cables, reversible cables, reversible stitches, knitting stitches, reversible mitts,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...