20 July 2008

BYOB - Fired Earth Colourway

BYOB - Bring Your Own Bag by Moira Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
In my last blogpost, I was talking about my new knitting pattern for the BYOB ‐ Bring Your Own BagThis is a pattern for a stretchy, flexible bag to accommodate all those large, bulky items at the supermarket checkout.

​Today I want to continue my blogpost series looking at different colours, stitches and pattern variations you can make to knit a whole range of bags from a single BYOB pattern. If you would like to read the first blogpost in this series, then please click here and follow the links at the bottom of the page to get back to this point.

I worked the original version of the bag in a “Summer Limes” colourway, using a vibrant green for the main colour and adding contrast stripes of blue and purple. I love the vibrancy of this combination and the way it seems to capture the essence of summer. ​

However, autumn is rapidly approaching so I have just finished another set of bags, but this time using wonderful earthy tones. I can imagine walking to the shops carrying these bags and kicking through the beautiful red New England sugar maple leaves as they fall all around me....

I worked these bags using Lion Brand Cotton Ease with:
  • Bag 1: The main colour in #134 Terracotta + contrast colours of #186 Maize and #122 Taupe.
  • Bag 2: The same three yarns, but with Maize as the main colour.
  • and Bag 3: Again using the same three colours, but with the main colour of Taupe.
BYOB - Bring Your Own Bag by Moira Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
It is remarkable how different each of the bags looks, isn't it? However, they make a beautifully co‐ordinated set when you gather them all together.

For more details about the BYOB knitting pattern, please click here. I hope you enjoy making this autumnal variation. In my next blogpost, I will be looking even further ahead to make some bags in soft pinks and blues ready for the Spring-time. 

Until then – Happy Knitting!
 
Moira 
Keywords: Patterns/Bags, Tutorials/Bags,
bag, bags, BYOB 2.0, shopping bag, autumn, fall, autumn colourway, fall colorway, cotton, brown, rust, gold, yellow,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...