08 April 2014

Sunshine and Daffodils

Narcissi in Maryland, USA - photo by Moira Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
Spring is such an amazing time of the year, isn't it. About 10 days ago the cars and roofs around here were under several inches of snow after an intense storm blew through. Then just 3 days later, on April 1st no less, it was so warm that everyone was wearing T‐shirts!

I took the opportunity of the warm day to have a walk and I spotted this little clump of narcissi in a sunny, sheltered spot. They reminded me of the ones we used to have in our garden when I was a child. These had originally come from my grandparents' house in South Wales where they grew in profusion by the back wall.

These tiny perfect flowers would come up every year at the end of February, and on March 1st (St David's Day ‐ the patron saint of Wales) we would all go to school with one or two of them in our buttonholes.
Kimpton Scarf & Wrap by Moira Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
I returned home and found myself looking through my yarn collections for a similar yellow, and was so pleased when I found a lovely cotton mix yarn in just these Spring‐time yellow shades. I immediately washed and dried it and it is now ready for sampling. This is Knit Picks "Shine" Sport yarn, and it is absolutely beautiful.

I am going to sit out on the porch now with a cup of tea to hand, the scent of flowers in the air and try out some stitch patterns.

Happy Spring Knitting!

Moira 
Keywords: Travel Notes,
Spring, Summer, daffodils, #summerknitting, yellow,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...