23 November 2016

A big thank you!

Momiji, Kobe Arboretum – photo by Tim Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
Perhaps it's because I'm a Sagittarius, but I love transition times in the year – trying to catch the last of the previous season before it slips into the next.

In the woodlands right now, the autumn leaves are ablaze with colour and a riot of red, yellow and orange is carpeting the forest floor.
Momiji, Japan – photo by Tim Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
Soon, the last of the leaves will drift down to join the others on the path, then perhaps the first few flakes of snow will arrive shortly afterwards.
Autumn leaves on a stone basin tsukubai, Koto-in, Kyoto Japan – photo by Tim Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
I suppose it could feel a sad time, but to me there is always a lot of excitement surrounding this change to winter.

For a start, there are so many events lined up for the next few weeks. It was our anniversary two days ago, and then in only a few days it will be my birthday. And in‐between those two dates there are major holidays in both the USA and Japan.

​In Japan, today is Labor Thanksgiving Day which replaced the earlier Harvest festivals held at this time. Then in the USA tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day. Both celebrate the harvest, the work of the last year and peaceful times. These festivals give all of us a great opportunity to say thank you to the people who matter – those who have worked hard to make our last year happy and healthy.
Ohara-me Matsuri – photo by Tim Ravenscroft, Wyndlestraw Designs
So may I take this opportunity to thank all of you! To everyone who has read this blog, connected with me on Twitter, Instagram or elsewhere, to all the lovely folk who have purchased or downloaded a pattern and to the many, many people who have sent both Anna and I such great messages about our new book, Reversible Knitting Stitches  a most heart‐felt "Thank you” to you all.

You have made 2016 such a memorable year.

And I need to add one last thank you – and that is to my husband Tim for his wonderful photos. I know many of you enjoy his photos too and I am always happy to be able to share them with everyone here.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Moira
Keywords: Notes & Travels,
Japan, Thanksgiving, autumn, fall, autumn colour, fall color,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...